[Zope] TextIndexNG question

Palermo, Tom TPalermo at constellagroup.com
Fri Apr 7 13:18:52 EDT 2006

All,

I've just installed TextIndexNG2. I created a TextIndexNG2 index called
PrincipiaSearchSource in my Catalog. In the converters tab for this index, I
see this:
Mime-Types	 Description	 depends on

application/pdf 	Adobe Acrobat PDF 	pdftotext

application/vnd.sun.xml.writer 	OpenOffice

text/html 	Converter HTML to ASCII

text/plain 	Null converter

text/sgml, text/xml 	Converter SGML to ASCII

Why do none of the typical Microsoft converters show up in the above table?
This is on a Linux box and I'm not sure if things like wvWare are installed
(eg. for converting and indexing msword files). I can index a pdf file
object no problem, but word docs are ignored - they catalogged but their
text/content doesn't get indexed.

The converters shows this on my Win2K machine for the same converters tab:
application/msexcel, application/ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-excel
Microsoft Excel    xls2csv
application/mspowerpoint, application/ms-powerpoint,
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint  Microsoft PowerPoint  pptHtml
application/msword, application/ms-word, application/vnd.ms-word  Microsoft
Word  wvWare
application/pdf  Adobe Acrobat PDF  pdftotext
application/postscript  Adobe Postscript Document  ps2ascii
application/vnd.sun.xml.writer  OpenOffice
text/html  Converter HTML to ASCII
text/plain  Null converter
text/sgml, text/xml  Converter SGML to ASCII

It shows all of the microsoft converters. I don't have the dependencies
installed on this machine so  I know the actual index won't work. I'm just
curious as to why the two converter listings I've provided are different.

Thanks,
Tom Palermo