[Zope] TextIndexNG question

Palermo, Tom TPalermo at constellagroup.com
Fri Apr 7 14:00:28 EDT 2006

I figured it out.

-Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Jung [mailto:lists at zopyx.com]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 1:33 PM
To: Palermo, Tom; 'zope at zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] TextIndexNG question

--On 7. April 2006 13:18:52 -0400 "Palermo, Tom"
<TPalermo at constellagroup.com> wrote:

> Why do none of the typical Microsoft converters show up in the above
> table?

Because you did not read the TXNG documentation? The documentation states
clearly that you must have the related converters installed (the docs
documents the converts including their sources) + they have to be installed
in the $PATH so they can be started from with Zope.

> This is on a Linux box and I'm not sure if things like wvWare are
> installed (eg. for converting and indexing msword files).

see above

> I can index a
> pdf file object no problem, but word docs are ignored - they
> catalogged but their text/content doesn't get indexed.

because the pdftotext converter is installed and could be found by TXNG.

> It shows all of the microsoft converters. I don't have the
> dependencies installed on this machine so  I know the actual index
> won't work. I'm just curious as to why the two converter listings I've
provided are different.

Why should the installatation of your Windows box be the same as your Linux
box?

This question really makes no sense to me. The reasons are obvious (see
above) and the solution is straight forward (see above): installed the
required converters and make them available through $PATH as requested and
documented.

-aj