[Zope] TextIndexNG and ExtFile

Palermo, Tom TPalermo at constellagroup.com
Fri Apr 7 15:37:12 EDT 2006

All,

I've got a site with a couple hundred ExtFile objects. I now need to index
the content of the various files (word, pdf, excel, ppt). I see that ExtFile
doesn't have a PrincipiaSearchSource method so I created one. It returns
self.index_html(). When I go back into my catalog and reindex my
PrincipiaSearchSource index (a textindexng index), clicking the "Reindex"
button opens the ExtFile I'm trying to index. Is there something more to the
process of trying to index ExtFiles with TextIndexNG. I've googled around
and tried a few things but either they don't work or I get the same results
I've just described. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom Palermo