[Zope] Automatically adding properties (keywords) to folders

Terry Jones tcj25 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 11:30:42 EDT 2006

I'd like to set up a folder in Zope with the property that when an object
is put into it, the object has a keyword added to it automatically (and
when the object is moved out of the folder, the keyword is removed).

If you could do this, you would have a nice way to maintain a collection of
such folders and have their contents appear elsewhere in a collection of
Plone Smart Folders (using keyword criteria).

Can anyone tell me how I should best go about doing this?

I can imagine writing some python to run once in a while, find all the
contents of the folder, add the keywords, etc. But that's far from being an
ideal solution.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Terry