[Zope] button to submit with several parameters and call python script

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 19:53:24 EDT 2006

Hi Dears,

I am looking for ideas of how to use a submitting button to pass
several parameters to a python script.

I have googled but I found different solutions not really appropriate
to my case I guess.

I was trying something like this:

  <form action="do_status.py" method="POST">
   <input type="hidden" name="jname:string">
   <input type="hidden" name="juser:string">
   <input type="submit" value="Submit">
  </form>

Then I defined my do_status.py with parameters jname, juser

> print jname, juser
> return printed

and nothing is printed.

But what I would like was something like clicking on a button I would
call a specific python script with parameters, eg:

Any help here would be very appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.