[Zope] How can i improve performance of website under heavy load in Zope2.6.1

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 2 16:23:52 EDT 2006

Sudesh Soni wrote at 2006-7-31 12:43 +0530:
>I wonder why Zope is default set for handling 4 threads and 7 database connections.

Because these values are in general not too bad.

>I tried inreasing threads to 20 and database connections to 30 by updating z2.py and DB.py, presuming that this will help to improve performance under heavy load.
>
>Can anyone suggest what impact will be there if i do this , in Zope 2.6.1

You may drastically increase the RAM requirements of your Zope process:

  Each connection maintains its own (independent) ZODB cache.

  Main memory requirements therefore increases linearly with the
  number of connections.

>Can anyone suggest any other option to improve performance under heavy load in Zope 2.6.1

Cache whatever is cachable...

--
Dieter