[Zope] new user, teething problems

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-zope at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 15:15:13 EDT 2006

At Friday 4/8/2006 05:21, John P. Looney wrote:

>On 8/4/06, Gabriel Genellina
><<mailto:gagsl-zope at yahoo.com.ar>gagsl-zope at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>Page Templates are easier to use instead of DTML.
>  True, but this is just starting off, to make sure it works.

if it=='Zope': print "It works!"

> >KeyError: u'date'
> >
> >  Any idea what I could be doing wrong ? No dtml tag I use seems to
> > work - all throw an error.
>
>This error says that there is nothing known as "date".
>

>  "date" was just a DHTML page that had a static string saying 'this
> would be a date'.

What is a "DHTML page" here?
In Zope you have "DTML Methods" and "DTML Documents". Both are
OBJECTS, not PAGES.
Zope is *not* PHP nor ASP not ..., it's an object-oriented
application server used to PUBLISH objects on the web.
Please read the Zope Book (Zope3 version available at
<http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book>),
then came again if you have any questions.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).