[Zope] Providing Arguments to ZSQL Methods that Insert and Update in Python

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Aug 6 14:58:13 EDT 2006

--On 6. August 2006 14:45:53 -0400 Muk Yan <myan at umich.edu> wrote:

> Dear Zenith of Zope Knowledge,
>
> Thanks for all the help from before it is truly appreciated.
>
> I know that it's possible to provide arguments when selecing in a ZSQL
> Method, but is it possible to provide arguments to UPDATE and INSERT.

This question makes little sense to me. See below.

> I'm having trouble correlating the Python variables with the ones in the
> ZSQL method.  I know how to pass variables from forms in DTML documents
> via
> <dtml-sqlvar emp_id type=string>.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
> in
> advance and have a great weekend!

Since <dtml-sqlvar..> is used to generate "dynamic" SQL it really does not
matter if this method is an insert, update or whatever method. In fact ZSQL
know nothing about insert, update or select. Easily said: <dtml-sqlvar ...>
performs a textual replacement in any sql context.

-aj