[Zope] Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:34:24 EDT 2006

On 8/7/06, James Davies <zope-list at foomatic.net> wrote:

> Hi. I've been attempting to develop products with Zope 2.9, and am finding
> it increasingly difficult and slow to do so as Product refreshing no longer
> works.
>
>  Google shows up a few results from mailing lists with somewhat negative
> about fixing it, as they don't see a real need for it).

Yeah, too bad, but making it better is complicated, and it can never
be perfect anyway.

>  Another major issue I've discovered is Zope hosting. We reguarly deploy
> custom sites on shared zope environments, and having to restart an entire
> server just to update one product severely breaks our uptime guarentee.

You mean you can't allow the server even to be down for the less than
a minute it takes to restart it? I would honestly be very interested
in knowing what kind of systems you run that has that sort of
requirements.

But in any case, as mentioned by others here, multiple ZEO-clients and
load balancing fixes this for most cases.

> I'm hoping I can garner some support to get the zope developers to fix the
> problem.

Well, I'm sure it can be improved by throwing money on the right people... ;)