[Zope] Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Aug 7 16:59:51 EDT 2006

The real effort towards making a "better refresh" should likely be
spent at the level of the Python interpreter.  The dynamic nature of
Python is the thing that allows for a "refresh" in the first place,
but the implementation of Python object references limits its
usefulness.

The implementation of "reload" could be vastly improved by changing
Python internally to allow for a sort of mark-and-sweep reload that
could traverse an object graph full of references between an object
and the modules that it is declared in.  Anything else will likely be
too fragile to work in all cases.