[Zope] Question of ZPL etiquette

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 7 23:53:09 EDT 2006

Hi. I am trying to get a better sense of how others are dealing with ZPL
headers in code from original authors once changes are made. For example
if a package is ZPL copyright somebody, I typically see a header at the
top of most files as well as the LICENSE.txt in the package itself. When
changes are made however, it is typical see headers replaced with the
header of the author(s) who have made changes and date. A second license
will now apply to the modified package with the ZPL license of the
original code left to acknowledge authors and copyright of the original
product/package. Is that a fair assessment? Is that generally
acceptable? Many thanks.

Regards,
David