[Zope] Question of ZPL etiquette

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Aug 8 00:15:42 EDT 2006

--On 8. August 2006 00:53:09 -0300 David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> Hi. I am trying to get a better sense of how others are dealing with ZPL
> headers in code from original authors once changes are made. For example
> if a package is ZPL copyright somebody, I typically see a header at the
> top of most files as well as the LICENSE.txt in the package itself. When
> changes are made however, it is typical see headers replaced with the
> header of the author(s) who have made changes and date. A second license
> will now apply to the modified package with the ZPL license of the
> original code left to acknowledge authors and copyright of the original
> product/package. Is that a fair assessment? Is that generally acceptable?
> Many thanks.

The ZPL does not  tell what to put into header of your files. My source
basically contains a reference to some LICENSE file in the root directoy.
This file contains the main license (e.g. ZPL) but it also mentions all
code parts that are published under a different license. So you have
everything in one place and you don't have to modify all headers as soon as
something changes with your licenses.

-aj