[Zope] uploading text file by FTP: encoding problem?

Eric Fernandez egf05 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Aug 9 06:20:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem when I upload an ASCII text file into a zope2 folder. I
have a plain-text file with double quotes and line breaks. However, once
uploaded, double quotes become &quot and line breaks become \n. Even if
I change the property into text/plain or text/xml, I get the same problem.
Only if I create a file using the manager, then copy my text into it,
that I keep the original formatting.

Do I do something wrong? How to preserve the original encoding?

Thanks.
Eric