[Zope] Using eggs in a Zope instance

Anton Stonor anton at headnet.dk
Thu Aug 10 04:41:39 EDT 2006

Python eggs are fun and powerful. However, there is one thing I can't
get right when using them for Zope projects:

Sometimes I would like eggs to live in $INSTANCE/lib/python instead of
site-packages. E.g. if different instances needs different versions of a
package.

However, easy_install won't install them there, because
$INSTANCE/lib/python is not in the PYTHONPATH.

And I don't want to extend PYTHONPATH to include all my
$INSTANCE/lib/python's -- that would prevent the different version pr.
instance approach.

How does you egg front runners deal with this?

I'm on Windows if that matters.

/Anton