[Zope] cannot paste objects

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 11 14:40:22 EDT 2006

Dean Hale wrote at 2006-8-11 16:12 +0100:
>I have installed Zope 2.9.4-final, python 2.4.3 onto a linux box and
>i can not paste any objects within the ZMI. I can copy an item
>however the paste button never appears.

The "Paste" button depends on two checks "not dontAllowCopyAndPaste"
and "cb_dataValid".

As the name tells you "dontAllowCopyAndPaste" controls both copy
and paste (and rename and cut). This means, when you see
the "Copy" button but not the "Paste" one, then "dontAllowCopyAndPaste"
is "False" (as well as "cb_dataValid").

"cb_dataValid" is defined in "OFS.CopySupport.CopySupport".

The most natural reason why it may return "False" is that the
"__cp" cookie (that's Zope's clipboard) is not set.
However, other reasons may apply as well.

--
Dieter