[Zope] Site Disappears!

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 14 13:18:05 EDT 2006

zope at 2012.vi wrote at 2006-8-14 11:25 -0400:
>I have a strange (to me) problem where a client of mine reports she
>can't pull down her Web site

My English must be weak -- I cannot understand "pull down" in this
context...

I expect that you mean "cannot access her Web site".

In this case, you need to be more specific what happens precisely:

  *  the browser waits forever (maybe a firewall problem)

  *  the brower returns with something like "the document contains no
     data" (this means that Zope died)

  *  the access takes very long (several minutes) (this may indicate
     a DNS problem)

  *  after several minutes (DNS timeout), the browser reports
     "the page cannot be shown" (this may indicate a DNS problem).

Note also, that DNS problems may happen non deterministically.

--
Dieter