[Zope] Site Disappears!

zope at 2012.vi zope at 2012.vi
Mon Aug 14 13:29:43 EDT 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> In this case, you need to be more specific what happens precisely:
>
>   *  the browser waits forever (maybe a firewall problem)

She does have a firewall. However, she is not the only client nor the
only customer trying to reach sites of mine that is experiencing this
difficulty. I have asked my clients for OS/IE information but they
haven't provided it.
>   *  the brower returns with something like "the document contains no
>      data" (this means that Zope died)

I thought I had mentioned (and if not, I apologize) that the message
comes back "Welcome to Web.vi \n Zope" or some such. web.vi is my domain
and is the name of the server (localhost.web.vi). However, web.vi serves
just fine.
>   *  the access takes very long (several minutes) (this may indicate
>      a DNS problem)

Nobody has indicated as much. I even increased the time to enable
contact between my reverse-proxy (Pound) and Zope and that had no effect.
>   *  after several minutes (DNS timeout), the browser reports
>      "the page cannot be shown" (this may indicate a DNS problem).

Again, something *does* print to screen, and I'm guessing this is some
default file in Zope. It appears the reverse proxy is working, else a
Zope message wouldn't appear on the screen, I believe, and it does.
> Note also, that DNS problems may happen non deterministically.

Could you clarify what you mean by that term?
Thank you so much!
beno