[Zope] Parameter generating an exception?

Tit-Liviu Leontin theputerfixer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 10:14:54 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm using Zope with OpenFlow for a workflow. The problem I'm encountering now seems to be entirely related to Zope; actually, a particular value for a parameter generates the error, so I'm guessing there's something wrong with the data, not the script.

There's a "browse" file defined in the workflow, with the following first lines:

                    qq request/QUERY_STRING;
                    qs python:container.stripStart(qq);
                    start request/start|python:0;
                    batch python:modules['ZTUtils'].Batch(results,
                                                          size=20,
                                                          start=start);
                    previous python:batch.previous;
                    next python:batch.next">

Now, if I call this script with no parameters in the URL, it shows all documents. If I append a ?issuer=john.d parameter to the URL, only documents issued by john.d will be displayed. This works even for fictive names, displaying a blank table as a result. However, for a particular user (and only that one), I'm getting this error:

Error Type: TALESError
Error Value: exceptions.KeyError on -1882874846 in "<PythonExpr modules['ZTUtils'].Batch(results, size=20, start=start)>", at line 3, column 3

In the page source, this is the detailed debug information:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 114, in publish
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Docs)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 98, in publish
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 88, in mapply
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 39, in call_object
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Shared\DC\Scripts\Bindings.py, line 252, in __call__
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Shared\DC\Scripts\Bindings.py, line 283, in _bindAndExec
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\PageTemplates\ZopePageTemplate.py, line 210, in _exec
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\PageTemplates\PageTemplate.py, line 86, in pt_render
    (Object: browse)
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\TAL\TALInterpreter.py, line 158, in __call__
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\TAL\TALInterpreter.py, line 191, in interpret
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\TAL\TALInterpreter.py, line 402, in do_setLocal_tal
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\PageTemplates\TALES.py, line 247, in evaluate
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\PageTemplates\ZRPythonExpr.py, line 49, in __call__
    (Info: modules['ZTUtils'].Batch(results,                                                            size=20,                                                            start=start))
  File Python expression &quot;modules['ZTUtils'].Batch(results,                                                            size=20,                                                            start=start)&quot;, line 2, in f
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZTUtils\Zope.py, line 147, in __init__
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZTUtils\Batch.py, line 68, in __init__
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZTUtils\Batch.py, line 110, in opt
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\ZTUtils\Zope.py, line 71, in __getitem__
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\AccessControl\ZopeGuards.py, line 90, in guarded_getitem
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\ZCatalog\Lazy.py, line 151, in __getitem__
  File D:\Data\Zope\lib\python\Products\ZCatalog\Catalog.py, line 146, in __getitem__
TALESError: (see above)
-->

Unfortunately, all this is worse than Chinese to me. Any clue where the error may be, and what to do to fix it, please?

Many thanks in advance!

Titel