[Zope] ldap setup

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 17 14:26:45 EDT 2006

Siddharth Sethi wrote at 2006-8-17 09:05 -0400:
>But
>the problem that i get is that when i start up my plone site, it prompts
>me for my zope username/password. I currently only have 1 user in zope
>and that is the admin account and the only other username/password that
>works in this prompt is the Manager DN one that i setup for my
>LDAPUserFolder. Can any one help me out?

I do not see your problem...

You log in as "admin" and create further users as required...

Ah, maybe, I understand: in your LDAP lots of users are already defined
and none of them can login (beside the Manager DN). Right?

The fact that the "Manager DN" works seems to indicate that
you are already talking to LDAP.
However, usually, not the DN is used for login but the login attribute.

--
Dieter