[Zope] how to convert object id into string values?

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon Aug 21 06:12:38 EDT 2006

All Zope object's have an id string attribute or a method called 'id'.
In the case of Zope File and Image objects, 'id' is a function which
means you have to do this::

file_id = context.some_file_object.id()
assert same_type(file_id, 'strrrrr')

Why it is so I have absolutely no idea.

Allen Huang wrote:
> I using a python program that create thumbnails that I upload into zope.
> But the problem is that my program wants to recieve string values and
> apparently zope object id is not.
>
> can anyone help with this? How do I convert zope object id into string
> values?

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com