[Zope] Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 21 12:55:46 EDT 2006

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2006-8-21 10:13 +0100:
> ... global variables turn to 'None' after refresh ...

>> If you have accessed the "index_html" via a persistent instance,
>> then the "resetCaches" seems not to have done what we expect
>> (it should have caused the connection cache to be dropped and
>> a new instance loaded from the storage with the new class definition).
>>
>The function resetCaches() and self._resetCache() in ZODB.Connection
>hasn't changed from zope 2.8 to zope 2.9.

Nevertheless, your "index_html" seems to be old.

Apparently, the old module instance was dropped (this dropping caused
the global variable to get 'None'). You should now have
a new module instance in its place in "sys.modules" (reflecting your
code change). If the ZODB connection cache was replaced by a new
one, then the self of your "index_html" is newly loaded from the storage.
This should give it the new class definition (where "index_html"
references the new module instance).

Something along this line appears to be wrong.
You need to investigate what it is.

--
Dieter