[Zope] Re: [Setup] Re: Can't Get Products To Show Up!

beno zope at 2012.vi
Mon Aug 21 13:40:41 EDT 2006

René Pijlman wrote:
> beno wrote:
>>> $ln -s /path_to_products/ /path_to_zope_instance/Prodcuts/
>                                                         ^^
> There's your problem.
But I did not write that! Someone else wrote/suggested that!! My
symlinks were fine. I ripped them all out :) I emptied the Plone-2.5.0
dir and dropped it all in the main Products dir. Then I stopped Zope and
used "runzope" to track errors. I got a number of them, one quoted
below. Here are the packages I had to take out of the Products dir to
get Zope to boot:

ATContentTypes                  CMFPlone                        Marshall
ATReferenceBrowserWidget        CMFQuickInstallerTool
MimetypesRegistry
Archetypes                      CMFSetup
PasswordResetTool
CMFActionIcons                  CMFTopic
PloneLanguageTool
CMFCalendar                     CMFUid                          PlonePAS
CMFCore                         DCWorkflow
PluggableAuthService
CMFDefault                      PortalTransforms
CMFDynamicViewFTI               Five
ResourceRegistries
CMFFormController               GenericSetup
CMFPlacefulWorkflow             GroupUserFolder

In other words, almost everything! (The other prods have showed up in
the Zope.) Here's a typical error message from trying to load one of them:

2006-08-21T17:43:03 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ATContentTypes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in
import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py",
line 35, in ?
    from Products.ATContentTypes.config import HAS_LINGUA_PLONE
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/config.py",
line 30, in ?
    from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration import zconf
  File
"/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/__init__.py",
line 25, in ?
    from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration.config import zconf
  File
"/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/config.py",
line 29, in ?
    from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration.schema import atctSchema
  File
"/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/schema.py",
line 29, in ?
    from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration import datatype
  File
"/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/datatype.py",
line 25, in ?
    from Products.CMFCore import permissions as CMFCorePermissions
ImportError: cannot import name permissions
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 50, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
    start_zope(opts.configroot)
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
52, in start_zope
    starter.startZope()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
231, in startZope
    Zope.startup()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 47, in
startup
    _startup()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 45, in
startup
    OFS.Application.import_products()
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 650, in
import_products
    import_product(product_dir, product_name, raise_exc=debug_mode)
[...]

TIA,
beno