[Zope] download a file in a specific folder in the filesystem

Richard Phelps richard.phelps at ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 11:27:40 EDT 2006

If you just want the file to be downloadable from say a web page
served by zope you could make an object on your zope system (say a
page template) that renders a page with a link to the file you wish
to make available. The file would have to accessible to your web server.

On 24 Aug 2006, at 16:00, Alan wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I would to know how to download a file generated by a program
> outside zope.
> I mean, I would like to download a file via zope webserver and such a
> file is located outside the zope space. Since zope treats everything
> as a object I have know idea of how "importing" the link to a file
> inside zope space.
>
> I would thank in advance any help.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - Research Associate
> Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
> 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.
>>> http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~awd28<<

Richard Phelps
Senior Lecturer in Nephrology
Renal Autoimmunity Group,