[Zope] Reportlab issue

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 27 20:54:17 EDT 2006

Hi Zope List,

I have an Zope application that uses ReportLab to generate acrobat
viewable reports. (I already posted this to reportlab list - so far no
solutions).

Heres the problem:

I display an acrobat report (using Firefox or IE 6) and say scroll down
to page 10.  I then use the <browser> back button to re-enter my Zope
application.

Now, even if I click various unrelated pages in the application
(clearing the request,etc) and then return to the Report (which is
always freshly generated) it will try to re-display at page 10 - instead
of top of page.

This occurs even if the data being reported has changed, and this occurs
even if a different report is generated!

Note: that I use

import tempfile and
tmpFile2 = tempfile.mktemp()

to keep pdfPath's unique ...

I've tried combinations of "Content-Disposition" params like changing
filename=, etc.  Nothing is changing this behavior.

I've tried (a reportlab mailing list suggestion) varying to <forms
action=  like

   <form name="printform" method="post" action="extensions/pyBudgetReports"
         tal:attributes="action python:
'extensions/pyBudgetReports/?random=' + context.python.pyTime()">

No help either.

Anyone seen this?

David H

I'm using ReportLab 1.20, Zope 2.78 and an external python script +
ReportLab to generate the PDFs.  The Server is Linux Ubuntu 5.10.