[Zope] Has anyone generated barcodes output within DTML?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Dec 4 10:49:31 EST 2006

On 12/4/06, larrymcdonnell at att.net <larrymcdonnell at att.net> wrote:
> It is a simple question, has anyone generated barcodes output within DTML? I
> am just starting to reseach this and I know there are different formats. I
> tried googling but I did not find this type of integration. My customer
> prints out a shipping manifest and work like to add the barcode on this
> paper output.

Just use a python barcode generator and include it as an image in the
generated HTML. Some links to get you started with the py barcode code
part:

  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/426069
  http://www.cgpp.com/bookland/

You could also hack GNU barcode into Zope
(http://www.gnu.org/software/barcode/barcode.html) but that'd be a bit
harder. Perhaps there is a python interface GNU barcode, though I
haven't found one yet.

--
Martijn Pieters