[Zope] starter application for zope 2.x

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:51:49 EST 2006

Does anybody have a zope 2.x application that you usually use to start
building products with? I have combed the products at zope but they
generally are built to demo a particular functionality. I am looking
for an application that ties a lot of ideas together such as:
1. something that covers users registration,
2. building tables out of data stored in zodb,
3. getters and setters for objects in the zodb,
4. How to collect a variable in one page and pass it on to another
page where it modifies the data displayed,
5. working with Sessions, etc.
6. coverage of the most commonly used DTML snippets
7. coverage of the most commonly used ZPT snippets
8. Test framework with setup scripts
I guess what I'm looking for is a template for a real application, not
for the individual pieces of functionality. I imagine that some of you
who do full time zope development would have at least two of these
"starter" applications, One for when the data is primarily stored in
the zodb and one for when the data is primarily stored in a relational
db. I think an application like this would help people get up and
running with building (and testing) zope products. Also, it would help
if the products on zope.org where ranked in some way so newbies like
me can know what the community has found to work well.
Thanks,
Tim