[Zope] Base 64 passed into Zope

Jonathan Cleaver jcleaver.hq at da.mod.uk
Mon Feb 6 03:33:47 EST 2006

I have a system which is accepting Base 64 encoded data from an external
source, due to the protocol being used at the other end this is being
passed in through a URL variable.

e.g. http://foo.bar.com?Data=uiDggGREJJytIIUicSSAa+WEhnGK

I am having an issue (Using Zope 2.7.6, Python 2.3.5) where the + and /
characters in the incoming data are being replaced with spaces.
Unfortunately, since both + and / are being replaced with the same
character, it is not simply a matter of doing a find and replace on the
string to restore these characters.

This system did work fine for a long while. I upgraded the machine's
Python from 2.3.5 to 2.4.1 a couple of months ago and have now reverted
back to 2.3.5.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem before and how can I work
around/through it?

Kindest regards

Jonathan Cleaver