[Zope] Re: htaccess with zope/plone ?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Thu Feb 9 10:51:28 EST 2006

michael nt milne schrieb:
> glad you've taken that on board :-) Over and out from me on this one as
> well. By the way using the  <location></location> directive is the way to
> password protect using Apache on non directory based virtual hosts. It works
> using the URL line rather than directory access. Just so you know. And that
> wasn't even sourced from an Apache board. A Plone list member very kindly
> proferred the information. But then again this isn't an Apache list is it..

Its still kinda silly to try to protect Zope resources with big fat
Apache hammer ;) It kinda "works" for Root (/) and only one account,
but you are lost if you want to have different users with fine
grained security and zope actually knowing them.

Dont work against zope. Work with it.

And if something does not work as expected, you need to post _all_
the gory details of your configuration and what you really did.

If you cant remember, start over with a clean fresh Data.fs
and write down all steps you took.

--Tino