[Zope] zope file system folder(severe problem)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 05:08:41 EST 2006

Hi,

Suggest firstup you read:

...especially the bit about "Don't flag your question as “Urgent”, even
if it is for you"...

Giorgos Dimitriou wrote:
> I am new to zope and I'm exploring different products an functions.
> A couple of days ago I tried to install a zope product called zope
> file system folder, on a zope 2.8.4 linux(Red Hat core 4) installation.

Where did you download it from? How are we supposed to help you if we
don't know what software you used?

> What this attemt caused was a severe damage of the linux partition.
> The exact boot error message is this:
>
> JDB:Failed to read block at offset 7609
> EXT3-fs:error loading journal

I'm pretty suprised about that.. I'd look elsewhere, like a hardware
failure, to find the source of your problem...

> Could somebody please tell me why did that happen? I need the
> functionality of file sytem folder but I sure wouldn't risk installing
> it again!

I suspect you really want LocalFS...

cheers,

Chris