[Zope] Re: TextIndexNG2 problems

Owen K oekelly at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 13 16:30:54 EST 2006

Andreas, Barry, and all,

I have the same TextIndexNG2 install error as Barry (see "Error text"
below).
My setup:
MS VisualC++ 7 .
Zope 2.7.8-final, python 2.3.5, win32
Also installed are TextIndexNGExtensions-2.02.win32-py2.3.exe and
python-Levenshtein-0.10.win32-py2.3.exe.
My windows registry points to the python installation that I have under
Plone 2.1.2, and that is the only python on my Windows XP Pro machine.

Barry, any luck?

The TextIndexNG2 windows binaries were explicitly labelled "python2.3"; so
the mismatch with python 2.3.5 is surprising.

In terms of following Andreas Jung's advice to recompile the extensions,
What can I do with MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 to move this forward? The
associated compiler is CL.exe and I found it in ..Vc7\CL.exe so I think the
visual C version is 7.

Do I need to recompile all of python + TextIndexNG2? Or somehow make the
compiler look like VC6 and then compile TextIndexNG2 extensions. Or somehow
help "TextIndexNG2>python setup.py install" to see my VC++ compiler?

Many thanks,

Owen

Error text:
C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Data\Products\TextIndexNG2>python setup.py install
-DUNICODE_WIDTH=2
running install
running build
running build_ext
error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and extensions need
be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't installed.

"Barry Drake" <bldrake at adaptcs.com> wrote in
message news:20060203031049.14953.qmail at web209.biz.mail.re2.yahoo.com...
I have PloneLocalFolderNG installed, which works
great.  But, I can't run python setup.py install for
TextIndexNG2.  I get the following error:

running install
running build
running build_ext
error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual
Studio, and extensions need to be built with the same
version of the compiler, but it isn't installed.

The documentation says to install the win32
extensions,
TextIndexNGExtensions-2.02.win32-py2.3.exe, so I did
that.  Still can't run the setup script.

Any ideas?

System: Zope 2.7.6-final, python 2.3.5, win32

Thanks.
Barry Drake

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -