[Zope] Advice needed before settling on Zope

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:32:04 EST 2006

On 2/15/06, bruno desthuilliers <bruno at modulix.org> wrote:
> Now for the downside:
> - CPS is a complex beast built on top of CMF, which is a complex beast
> built on top of Zope2 which is itself already quite complex.

Well, that is true. But I think that is true of any enterprise CMS. We
do know that Zopes2 expansion by tacking on stuff makes it look like
the house of the Weasleys, mostly held together by magic, than the
nice factory floor that we like. But the only solution for that is
Zope3, and writing a CMS from scratch, which has started with the
z3lab effort.

So I guess its a matter of speed vs cleanlyness. ;-)