[Zope] Zope 2.9 and SSL

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Feb 17 05:19:25 EST 2006

On 2/17/06, Ron Bickers <rbickers-list-zope2 at logicetc.com> wrote:
> I noticed that my lighttpd server that proxies to Zope responds as
> Zope/ZServer, not lighttpd.  If I recall, Apache said Apache.  There must be
> many more Zopes than netcraft shows, right?

No, Zope behind Apache with ProxyPass also reports as Zope:

  $ HEAD www.pareto.nl
  200 OK
  [...]
  Server: Zope/(Zope 2.8.5-final, python 2.3.5, linux2) ZServer/1.1
Plone/Unknown
  [...]

Still, there are many intranet Zope sites, and Zope sites set up
behind Apache and other servers in other ways (FastCGI, or simply not
at the root of a site URL) for Netcraft to not count them as Zope
setups, true.

For example, Boston.com bakes their Zope-managed content to the
filesystem and has several tiers of Apache and Squid servers serving
their content:

  $ HEAD www.boston.com
  200 OK
  [...]
  Server: Apache/2.0.47 (Unix)
  [...]

  $HEAD cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/02/17/1140170041_8639-1.jpg
  200 OK
  [...]
  Via: 1.1 arn.xpc-mii.net (MIIxpc/4.7 UNVERIFIED_CACHE_HIT Fri, 17
Feb 2006 10:16:21 GMT)
  Via: 1.1 ics_server.xpc-mii.net (ICS 2.2.64.208)
  [...]
  Server: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix)
  [...]

--