[Zope] unbuffered response.write through Apache 2.0 reverse proxy?

Christoph Berendes berendes at netalyst.com
Mon Feb 20 16:51:49 EST 2006

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Apache does its own buffering IIRC.  Look for ProxyReceiveBufferSize/
> ProxyIOBufferSize.

Thanks. AFAICT
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyiobuffersize),
though, the buffer size settings have to be fairly large (512 or more,
or 0 for the "system's default buffer size"). I'm actually writing very
short progress messages, e.g.

Parsing page 1...
Parsing page 2...

etc.

so I've padded this with blanks to hit the buffer size. Klugey,but works.