[Zope] Java vs Zope

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 3 16:41:29 EST 2006

>From my experience, Java development has been a lot faster when
applications have middle to high level complexity. Since Java is
inherently object-oriented, reusability is much easier to achieve then
when using Zope. Also, Java has mature development and debugging
environments and well organized API's. Zope is seriously lacking in this
regard.

Zope is good for building simple interfaces but any application that does
data processing and requires session management should be left for Java.
The closest comparison to Zope that I can think of is PHP.

Again, this is just my opinion based on my own experiences.

- Asad