[Zope] import error

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:00:43 EST 2006

thanks for the info. I went and actually read the help text on the
import/export screen where it states:

==========

You may import Zope objects which have been previously exported to a file,
by placing the file in the "import" directory of your Zope installation on
the server. You should create the "import" directory in the root of your
Zope installation if it does not yet exist.

Note that by default, you will become the owner of the objects that you are
importing. If you wish the imported objects to retain their existing
ownership information, select "retain existing ownership information".
===========

does this mean I create a directory named 'import' at the instance home?
(what is the 'root' of my zope installation?)

On 1/11/06, SER.RI-TIC-Alexis Roda <alexis.roda at urv.net> wrote:

> David Bear wrote:
> > Will attempting to import a zexp file (and exported plone site) I get
> > the following error:
> >
> >     result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published
> object.
> >   File "/home/webenv/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py", line 532, in
> > manage_importObject
> >     raise BadRequest, 'Invalid file name %s' % escape(file)
> > BadRequest: Invalid file name InfoTechnical.zexp
>
> Acording to ObjectManager source this exception is raised because you're
> suplying a path with a directory component (some/dir/InfoTechnical.zexp)
>
>      def manage_importObject(self, file, REQUEST=None, set_owner=1):
>          """Import an object from a file"""
>          dirname, file=os.path.split(file)
>          if dirname:
>              raise BadRequestException, 'Invalid file name %s' %
> escape(file)
>

> HTH
> --
>                                     ////
>                                    (@ @)
> <>               Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabara ciego
> /\ Alexis Roda - Universitat Rovira i Virgili - Reus, Tarragona (Spain)

David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?