[Zope] wrong directoy in Control_Panel.Products.XXXX.home

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 13 16:33:28 EST 2006

Luca Olivetti wrote at 2006-1-12 14:55 +0100:
>A while ago I changed the directory of my zope instance. I also changed
>the zope directory (started with zope 2.8.1, now running 2.8.4). Today I
>noticed that the CMFQuickInstaller failed to get the version and the
>readme of various products.
>It happens that CMFQuickInstaller uses
>Control_Panel.Products.getObj(id).home to determine the product's
>directory and then reads the version.txt file from there.
>However many products had the old directory name stored in home (like
>/usr/local/zope-2.8.1-final instead of /usr/local/zope-2.8.4-final, or
>the directory I used before changing the name).

Zope's behaviour in handling product updates below "Control_Panel.Products"
is very difficult to understand.

Almost surely, it will help when you delete all "closed" products
there and then restart Zope. The restart will recreate the product objects
for installed products -- hopefully with the correct "home" attribute.

--
Dieter