[Zope] Retrieve zope.conf path

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 00:06:55 EST 2006

On 1/13/06, Gabriel Genellina <gagenellina at softlab.com.ar> wrote:
> How could I retrieve the path to the config file used to start a running
> instance?
> I want to put other config stuff in the same directory, and I would like a
> safe way to obtain such directory.
> I could use INSTANCE_HOME/etc but since the config file name can be
> specified in the command line, it might not be there.

If you're using Zope 2.9, the configuration schema allows adding
additional sections.  Documentation still needs to be written (unless
someone snuck it in while I wasn't looking), but information can be
found in the main configuration schema in
lib/python/Zope2/Startup/zopeschema.xml.

That would get around the location issue, and let you add
configuration settings so you can refer to additional data files as
well, if any are needed.  Explicit references beat implicit sniffing
of location!

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin