[Zope] Authorization Problems while using manage_addFile()

Varun Bhansaly varun.bhansaly at intelliant.org
Mon Jan 16 03:32:22 EST 2006

We have imported a zope application from another machine.
After starting the application we are unable to create a file using
using the API manage_addFile(),which is strange because we are being
able to use the API manage_delObjects() to delete an existing object.

This is the Error we have encountered..

Site Error

Unauthorized

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

      * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
      * Module Products.iHotfix, line 88, in new_publish
      * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
      * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
      * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
      * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 323, in _exec
      * Module None, line 4, in reset_tab
        <PythonScript at /VCS/reset_tab>
        Line 4
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
      * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 323, in _exec
      * Module None, line 1, in refresh_tab
        <PythonScript at /VCS/refresh_tab>
        Line 1
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
      * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 323, in _exec
      * Module None, line 9, in update_result
        <PythonScript at /VCS/update_result>
        Line 9
Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access 'manage_addFile' in this
context (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard
error message.)

We have tried changing all the security permissions,we have even logged
in administrator but this too has been of no use.

We are using
Zope Version  (Zope 2.7.8-final, python 2.4.0)
Python Version 2.4

Thanks