[Zope] Spam-Bounces

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Jan 17 10:33:11 EST 2006

Andrew Sawyers schrieb:
> I'm a little confused, if that's the whole point, not sure what the
> point is.  Perhaps I jumped the gun by replying :).
>
> I guess I would setup a local procmail rule or posfix rule to not accept
> mail with these attachments?  If the mail is not going through the zope
> mailservers, I'm not sure how one would logically deal with this
> spoofing problem?  One options is enforcing this with SPF records - we
> could get Mark to set this up on the zope.org side perhaps?

Well I certainly cannot setup procmail rules on every list members
host ;) I cannot prevent somebody to send to the list faking my
sender. But the idea was to enable the list manager soft to
filter that if the member wants it.

As long as there are large attachments, the bounce happens anyway
but what if the spammers go below 100kb so the attachment rule
isnt triggered anymore?

++Tino