[Zope] NewBee, Do I have to code to do this?

David bluepaul at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 19 22:59:46 EST 2006

Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote:

> On 1/20/06, *John Huttley* <John at mib-infotech.co.nz
> <mailto:John at mib-infotech.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry should have added its zope 2.8 under windows
>
>     --john
>
>     John Huttley wrote:
>     > Hi, I'm recoding an existing php e-commerce app in zope as my first
>     > project
>     >
>     > I'm at the point where I've installed the exUserFolder product to
>     > authenticate against an external SQL database.
>     >
>     > However, I need to hold some additional information in the user
>     object.
>     >
>     > It seems to me that I have to change the exUserFolder product
>     code to
>     > add this to the class.
>     >

> check out authentication source.  also, check out all the docs in the
> xuf ta ball.  iirc, there's a faq for this..
>
> hth
>
>     > This seems odd and not very maintainable.
>     >
>     > There are brains for sql, I'm wondering if there are better ways
>     for
>     > doing this?
>     >
>     > Any advice gratefully received.
>     >
>     > --john
>     >

I use SimpleUserfolder to authenticatate against postgres.  Its easy to
add addional user information.  Heres a short version of how this
similar product works:
a) you store authentication data in an SQL table (or anywhere thats
persistent).
b) you write a handful of scripts to satisfy Zope's authentication
machinary (examples are provided).
c) you can obtain additional user information by calling your SQL tables
with userID, eg obtain their phone, fax and socials - or right after
authentication you can stuff the users details into SESSION.

David

David