[Zope] Zope vs Plone: performance issues!

Hugo Ramos ramosh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:08:44 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm responsible for a big corporate intranet and corporate portal.
They were using Zope/Plone before I got here and the problems are too many.

Let's talk about performance issues... Plone is VERY SLOW responding
requests. All content is stored in ZODB objects and zcatalog is used
to search. But even if you request the intranet home only, it takes
about 10 seconds to load. The hardware is very good and lots of ram is
used in the servers.

They also have zeo + 2 zope instances running in the same machine.
I've never seen this in my life... only 3 machines running 2 zope
instances + zeo instance, separately.

Do you think Zope(logic)+MySQL(content)+Apache(HTTP server) is better
solution than Zope+Plone ???

TIA

Hugo Ramos - ramosh at gmail.com
Senior Zope consultant