[Zope] Strange behaviour - 3 links which should be the same don't

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 25 14:43:10 EST 2006

Sasha Vincic wrote at 2006-1-24 23:22 +0100:
>On 1/24/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
>>
>> The three links may be different with respect to the effective
>> "base" URL.
>The first two have the same base URL which is the same as second link.
>
>The third link doesn't have any base, which is strange. Well I got
>something more to check then.

No, that is correct:

   Zope adds the "base" only when it has modified the URL (e.g.
   by adding "index_html") in order to inform the browser that
   its knowledge about the URL is no longer correct.

You observation means, that all three URLs are equivalent
both from Zope's as well as the browser's point of view.
Strange, that you nevertheless see different behaviour.

--
Dieter