[Zope] dealing with scripts that take too long

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Jan 25 17:17:51 EST 2006

Hi there,

we're experiencing problems with certain maintenance scripts, which
just take too long to complete, so that the browser resets the
connection and Zope aborts the transaction.

Short of splitting the scripts up into smaller pieces and running
them individually (which would be a pain), what can we do?

I was thinking we could send data back to the browser, but I cannot
figure out a way to do this from a TTW Python script. How can I send
data immediately, not only when I 'return printed' after all the
processing is done. NPH or so, I believe this was called with plain
CGIs.

Also, I would be interested in how other people approach this
problem. `zopectl run` may be an alternative, but we'd rather not
require filesystem access.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more
 offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit:
 for merit itself is offensive."
                                              -- friedrich nietzsche