[Zope] Re: dealing with scripts that take too long

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Jan 25 17:36:20 EST 2006

also sprach Jonathan <dev101 at magma.ca> [2006.01.25.2330 +0100]:
> We are running a *nix environment, and use cron with script files that use
> either perl LWP or CURL to make http requests that invoke the zope
> methods/scripts. LWP, CURL (and others) give you the ability to control the
> timeout parameters.

So does wget. The problem is that our users are on Windows machines
without access to or knowledge of a Unix prompt. Thus, NPH would be
a nice way to go about it.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

bill gates, 1984: "640 k ought to be enough"
bill gates, 1995: "the internet is not a primary goal for pc usage"
bill gates, 1999: "linux has no impact on microsoft's strategy"