[Zope] Can one nest macros with slots?

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Jan 26 00:52:20 EST 2006

Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:
> I can't seem to do this:
>
> <use-macro>
>   <fill-slot>
>     <define-macro>
>       <... Some html ...>
>       <define-slot></define-slot>
>       <... Some html ...>
>     </define-macro>
>   </fill-slot>
> </use-macro>
>
> Allowing me to nest multiple reusable templates?
>
> I have objects with common interfaces which could easily share templates ...
> If I could do this! (The shared template still needs to endup in the
> "master" template).
>
> Or are there other techniques to achieve this?

Macros are decided at compile time so that you can ask a template (which
is not called) for its macros::

   here/main_template/macros/master

The code above would have macros being created in some other template at
the time this macros is used, and I cannot imagine how they would be
available.

Why is a macro with whatever uses your common interfaces not suitable?
You scenario is too vague for any other advice.

		--jcc

--
Building Websites with Plone
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/