[Zope] Product refreshing in Zope 2.9

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Jan 27 11:42:20 EST 2006

It appears that product refreshing is futile in Zope 2.9 which is
according to zope.org the current stable version :(  Think again.

According to:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.z3base.five/977
Philipp von Weitershausen informs us that if you have a product that
uses Five in zope2 and you try to refresh the product it simply won't
work. Your only hope is to write tests which I'm not interested in. I
only write unit tests from non-trivial things that requires thinking.
If I decide to include one more template or a new non-trivial function
I don't want to have to restart Zope.

But, in that example they are using Five and I'm not. I've just got a
Zope 2.9 install and a python product that I started on before Five
even existed. Does that give us any hope for non-Five python products?
Anybody?

I've tried pressing the little "Refresh" button in Control_Panel and
sure enough, the product is reloaded (I put some print statements in
the .py file) but not refreshed.

If it's just a bug I'm willing to help out with getting it fixed.

Peter

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com