[Zope] empty session with virtual hosting

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Jan 30 16:34:24 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, Luca Dall'Olio <luca.dallolio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Zope 2.9.0 installation under Solaris.
> When I access the Zope site directly (port 8080) the session has the
> keys I expect, but when I try to do the same using the virtual host
> (port 80 has apache that rewrites to the zope installation) the session
> is empty.
>
> Do you have any hint about this behaviour ?

Sounds like you have your Apache setup misconfigured, and it is not
passing along the cookies. Use a Firefox extension like
LiveHTTPHeaders or the Web Developer Toolbar to see what Cookie
headers are being sent back and forth to see if Apache is handling
things correctly. Or you can use a logging proxy like
http://hathawaymix.org/Software/TCPWatch to see what goes on between
Apache and Zope and/or between Apache and your browser to detect
problems.

By default the session cookie is called _ZopeId

--
Martijn Pieters