[Zope] Zope 2.9.3/2.9.1 On Suse 10.1 box version

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sun Jul 9 01:13:53 EDT 2006

what david says is correct.
furthermore you must (as the error suggests) add the user as which the
zope process should run as to the zope config.
open  the /yourInstance/etc/zope.conf in an editor and look for
"effective-user".
this you set to the name of the user as which you start zope.

if you allways start zope as this user, the variable can be left unset.
however if you want to start zope as root
(eg in the start up process of your computer) then it MUST be set.
the reason for this is, that for security reason, zope is not allowed to
run as user root.
if started by user root, the zope.conf is consulted and the process
handed over to the effective user.
hence the need for this user to have rw permissions.
robert