[Zope] Override members values

knitti knitti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 14:48:28 EDT 2006

On 7/10/06, Garito <garito at sistes.net> wrote:
> __getattr__ some of you (I don't remember how exactly, sorry) have said
> is a member to use only if there are no other way and I'm a little
> scared for that

I think there's no "official" (as in "provided by the framework") support for
what you want. If you are too scared to implement some proof-of-concept
which involves good testing covering  your use case, you should think
about another way to implement what you need.

you could also use __getattribute__(), this way you can also have
"dynamic" methods.
http://docs.python.org/ref/new-style-attribute-access.html

don't know how ZODB copes with this. or whether one needs to worry
about that.

--knitti