[Zope] Check Zope status

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Tue Jul 11 10:33:52 EDT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Jonathan Bowlas wrote:

> Is there any tool we can use to test to see if Zope has actally
> crashed?

At our company, we wrote something that checks the trace.log file to
check the status of the current zope requests. The trace.log file
records when a new network connection is opened, when a thread starts
processing a request, when a thread is done publishing, and when it
has finished writing. The tool continuously re-reads the end of the
file looking for new data records and turns those into SNMP data for
the number of active requests, the number of queued requests, and the
average response time.